TeamViewer is used to do remote installation/support/maintainance for the CMS users. The steps are:
- 1. User download and install the TeamViewer program (http://teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx) on his/her machine.
- 2. When user runs TeamViewer, TeamViewer will generate a pair of ID and password. The password is different each time it generates, and user can also manually specify the password.
- 3. User provides the ID and password to MTG supporting staff.
- 4. MTG use the ID and password to access the user’s machine.
- 5. MTG finish support and user closes the TeamViewer program.
MTG can access the user’s machine only if the user runs TeamViewer and provides us the ID and password. Once the TeamViewer is closed, the connection session will be abandoned. During the connection, the user can monitor what we’re doing on his/her mahcine.
Following are the security instruction for the user:
- 1. Do not provide the TeamViewer ID and password to other parties.
- 2. Close the TeamViewer program once the installation/support task is completed.